I wasn't prepared for that, but still I managed to :
- Cook the main course for Monday's dinner
- Play with the kids. Like, chase the kids and roll around on the floor, play.
- Nurse the baby and put him down for a nap.
- Make Jade a snack and have a 45 minute lesson on letter writing with her (taught her how to spell 'Dear' and 'Love' in the process)
- Wash a MOUNTAIN of dishes. Seriously....a mountain.
- Make Jade lunch and put her down for a nap.
- Make O lunch after he woke from his nap.
- Build a block tower (or two, or six) with O.
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Read for 45 minutes to both kids (well, O was in and out)
- Make the rest of dinner and serve it to the kids.
- Clean the kitchen...again.
- And put the kids int he bathtub by the time the Hubs got home.
Now this creates a problem. How did this day come to be? I didn't follow a plan to perfection. everything was totally off the cuff. And furthermore, if a day like this is possible, why has it been so difficult for me in the past? Have I actually been slacking the previous four years? Is this the Bizarro World?
What in the world is going on?