Sunday, August 9, 2009

Boo!

I am totally cracking up as I write this post.

For some reason O woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. He was wide awake and wriggled out of my arms down to the floor and proceeded to play.

Sleepy and not in the mood for shenanigans, I made sure that there were no safety concerns and I got back in the bed. O played with toys on the floor, in my room, in the dark for several minutes.

After a while he decided that playing would be much more fun if his sister could join in. He went into her room and instead of gently opening the door and walking over to her, he slammed open the door and walked in making a loud noise.

Have you ever heard someone make one of those truly startled screams?
Ughaaaagh!!!!

Oh my goodness, it was hilarious!!! I know it's terrible for me to laugh, but the sound of the scream was so funny and then she was sleepy and confused. She told him, "I'm going to tell mommy that you got out of your crib!" Oh my, it was too funny.

I know, I know. I have a sick sense of humor. I watch America's Funniest Home Video and crack up.

2 comments:

  1. Eh, we've all done it! There's something about the truly shocked/frightened scream that's kinda funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to see the humor as a parent - otherwise it would be all work and no fun.

    ReplyDelete